Clipstream® Video 3 to Launch at Spring Video on the Net 2007
Vancouver, BC, March 16, 2007 --- Destiny Media Technologies (DSNY OTCBB) is pleased to announce that it will be launching the recently announced Clipstream™ Video 3 at Spring Video on the Net 2007 (http://www.videoonthenet.com/). It will be co-located at Spring 2007 VON (http://www.von.com/), Pulvermedia’s flagship IP Communications event.
The Spring VON tradeshow will bring 10,000+ IP Communications buyers and professionals to San Jose from March 20-22nd. The Video Pavilion at Spring VON will be located in booth 1309 at the front of the Spring 2007 VON floor. Video is the “Buzz” at Spring VON. Please check the attached link for the location of the Video Pavilion (booth 1309). http://www.von.com/exhibitors.html
Clipstream™ products will be demonstrated at our exhibitor booth 1309-U. For those considering coming to the conference you can register and attend at discount with our Special "DESTINYVIP" priority code. Be our guest.
Richard Erb, VP Pulvermedia welcomes Clipstream™ "I am very pleased that Destiny is joining the video community at Spring VON. Jeff Pulver has created an exciting and powerful conference program that will draw a very strong and qualified audience."
Destiny Senior Digital Media Manager, John Pillsbury will be an expert speaker. His presentation, Video Disruption 3: The Next Generation, will take place on March 21st, 1:00 PM at the video pavilion.
He says that video usage on the web has gone through three iterations. “The first generation consisted of live webcasts and existing video content that could be repurposed on the Internet. The current second generation proliferation of user created and new media podcast video content has made usage very common, but hard to monetize. The coming Video Disruption 3 will require the freedom of open platforms and extensive user interaction with the media. This new way of interacting with media will bring a paradigm shift that will make the net the main way to communicate with the public.”
Clipstream™ is the best solution for this third generation opportunity:
- High quality video, full screen, 30 frames per second, stereo high fidelity sound
- The video plays instantly in 98% of browsers, without requiring users to open their computers to potential security threats
- The cross platform nature of Clipstream™ means that the same video clip will play natively on Windows, Mac, Unix and in the near future, wireless platforms
- Clipstream™ allows users to immediately seek into any point in the video, without waiting for the entire video to prebuffer.
Benefits to content owners:
- Security features protect sites from screen capture, content piracy and bandwidth theft
- Creating new content is as simple as encoding and uploading to an existing web server. There is no dedicated server equipment to purchase.
- The software automatically detects bandwidth and CPU, providing site visitors the highest possible user experience
- By pushing content to caches at the edge of the internet, it saves bandwidth, while providing a higher quality user experience, unlimited simultaneous streams. This means the largest possible audience will experience the video.
About Destiny Media Technologies
Destiny Media Technologies, Inc. (www.dsny.com) (DSNY.OB) is a leader in developing easy-to-use tools for distributing media through the internet. The company's suite of streaming and downloadable products includes: Clipstream™, Destiny Media Player ™, Radio Destiny™, and MPE ™. Established in 1991, the company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada.
"Safe Harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This release contains forward looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, the impact of competitive products and pricing, product demand and market acceptance, new product development, reliance on key strategic alliances, availability of raw materials, the regulatory environment, fluctuations in operating results and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.